Sunday, April 10, 2005

Sorry For The Tantrum, Folks.

I've set up a hotmail account so I can send/receive email to/from anywhere. The link is now on my profile so anybody can send a word or two. Might be a nice thing to see once in a while.

The bike, maps, and panniers should be showing up throughout this coming week and it'll sure be nice to finally see this plan materializing in the form of objects. I still gotta get rain gear and a tent but I've already scoped 'em out. Then it's a rack, repair gear, a few clothing items, a first aid kit, head/tail light combo, and that should just about do it. Oh yeah, the kevlar-lined tires, extra tubes, and a pump.

I guess I'll get a helmet, too. Only thing about those helmets is that's how everyone can spot who to hate. Nobody likes cyclists, myself included. Only reason being that so many of them are such fucking yuppies who think their right-of-way extends to riding two, three, or four abreast, obstructing traffic and expecting you to simply pull over to the side, shut the engine down, and wait for their permission to continue. After all, you are on their personal bike track, are you not? If there's a bunch of 'em riding single file, that's cool. When they start obstructing traffic, that's when they gotta die. That's great that they have jobs that allow them to ride during daylight hours, but the rest of us (you) gotta drive. Pretty fucking arrogant to think you'll have no hassle riding a bike down a road with no shoulder during rush hour. Next those whitebread assholes'll wanna walk through Harlem at midnight because the law says they can. Sorry, Biff! The law only protects you AFTER you're dead!

I don't consider myself a cyclist. I'm a hobo who just happens to ride a bicycle. I just read of a married couple who've been riding for three years. THREE FUCKING YEARS! On the road. No house. They just work when they need the money. The wife writes children's stories, however, the article didn't say if she'd sold any of 'em. When their gear wears out they send it back to the company with a critique of its performance and the company sends them new gear!

This only lends credence to my genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home