Friday, April 01, 2005

Tramp's Trample

I've gotta say, the closer D-day gets, the more I rationalaize it and make perfect sense of it. I look around and see people who just don't get it. I see people, slaves to fashion, hurkeling around in their monstrous SUVs with cell phones stuck in their ears concerned about keeping to their shopping itineraries.

Gas is ridiculous. There's no way I could afford to drive to and from work every day on what they payed me. My friend and I went to the gas station earlier today and he spent seventy-something dollars to not quite fill up his tank.
I'm crazy for trading it all in for a bicycle? Eight tanks of gas at the rate my friend payed and you've bought my bike that never uses but a squirt of petroleum product in the crank every year. Energy bills are going to be killers and here we are at hot Summer's threshold.

Let it all be cast aside. I'm moving through space like a Tindelos hound. I'll be right next to it all but won't be seen; all the while seeing. My guts are squirming with anticipation.
This is a record. Let it stand.
Let it testify that I'm
LIVIN' IT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home