Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Ribbon o Darkness Under Me

Along with everything I'm selling to go on this pilgrimage, I'm also giving away many amounts of stuff to my friends. Now all the pamphlets handed out to parents of troubled teens note that "giving away prized possessions to friends" is a symptom of eminent suicide. I'd say being stuck in a dead-end job and doling out your entire paycheck to others just to maintain status quo is eminent suicide. That's just ONE rationalization I can come up with on the spot.

I've chucked my futon, pillows, blankets and such. Still justa ton of CRAP to fill the dumpster nicely with. GODDAMN what a beautiful day!

The bike is ordered and should be here by the end of next week. The saddlebags or panniers, as they're called for bikes, should arrive at that time as well. Then it's just a matter of getting the bike fit for racks, stuffing the gear, and waiting for the maps. A few little things will round it out and anything else I need I can get on the road.

Hmmmmmm....They're still having blizzards in Colorado.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home