Saturday, March 26, 2005

Getting Foggy

Drizzling, a little windy, cloudy, and cold. What happened to my Spring? I'll tell you what happened. Oklahoma stole it!

As the diffused light was fading early this evening, I took a stroll to the river. I followed a foot trail down the hill toward the river's edge, the actual edge, not the bistro. I followed it through the trees, the vines, the super green wild fescue. I chanced upon a large lean-to, big enough to be a porch made from natural materials. It looked like something out of a postcard from Ireland. Far be it from me to disturb anyone, I headed on back and started gathering things up to give to my friends when I had the thought of hauling some of that stuff over. An old hunting knife, a small dome tent, a couple of books, a cargo blanket, some wire coat hangers, YES, wire, and a few other things.
What a great idea. Give all this stuff to the homeless! They're right accross the street. No need to haul anything in the guzzler.

The towers on the other side of the river are tipped with blasting flames that made the beacon of Alexandria look cheap. The flames remind me of those fly-guys you see at concerts and used car lots. Their bodies swaying all random, arms flailng wildly, like souls burning in Hell and producing light.

Not much more than a month, and I give it to the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home