Monday, March 21, 2005

Fuego Amore

An interesting little side note.

I was reading from Tobler's "Fighting With the German Longsword" when the floor of my apartment bumped sharply under me to the concussive WHUMP! from across the river. I looked out my bedroom window to see the black mushroom in the overcast sky. My eyes followed the stem to its base to see the fire roaring silent at the refinery on the other side of the Arkansas.
The prayers of those nearby must have been answered for about six or seven minutes into the burn, the rain she came down. The fire, sure enough, seems to be out now. The sun is beaming through the thin veil of clouds brightly, yet the rain , she no stop. A sign of Spring, to be sure.

Yes, all the signs of Spring: intermittent showers, the shining sun, exploding refineries, and raging fires. These pleasant things, as they always do this time of year, turn one's thoughts to those of love.

I wonder what Linda's doing right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home