Monday, April 04, 2005

Candlelight Penmanship

Today I order the bike that will take me, under my own power, far and away from here. I calculated the rough mileage of my intended route and discovered that if I have a successful run, I'll have covered WELL OVER 3,000 miles; much of it through desert/great basin terrain and down the spine of California. A daunting task, indeed. The route spans the gauntlet of American landscapes. The rolling hills of Oklahoma, the flat grassland of Kansas, the Rockies, the deserts, the redwoods, the Pacific Ocean, my ol' girl, where Mexico shares the border with California, the lands of Eegah, on through more desert to the Grand Canyon, onward to New Mexico, and finally, back to Tulsa, where the REAL rough stuff begins. Starting fresh.

The weather is getting too nice to sleep. I don't want to waste a single moment. I still have a lot of stuff to sell and give away. I want my kit to be complete before the 15th so I can break it in and do the trouble shooting.

I can't believe that gas costs $2.12 a gallon. I know it's worse elsewhere, in fact, I believe Tulsa still has the cheapest gas in the nation.

Shit, bitches, I already love my new bicycle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home