Saturday, May 21, 2005

Moss Isley of Colorado

Hey, turkeys!
Miss me? No? Good, 'cause I damn near forgot about this blog any-damn-way. So after 5oo-plus miles through thunderstorms, deadly lightning, flat tires in the middle of no-ass-where, and most of all, unrelenting, fiercely unforgiving winds from the south, the north, and the west, I finaly made it to Pueblo, Colorado. I had to walk the bike five miles into dumpy Ordway, CO from Sugar City for the wind was simply too strong to keep the bike upright. After a night at the RV park I hit the highway and saw the Rockies looming on the horizon. Fuckin' beauty! The ride into Pueblo was so great I didn't want it to end. Everything went my way. Smooth pavement, slight tail wind, drastic change of scenery, and gradual inclines that I barely felt.

So I'm in Pueblo for a few days, now. Cool town. Money's gettin' low so I signed in at the Wayside Cross Mission, a place where old hobos go who can't jump trains anymore, where I do light chores for room&board. As soon as Uncle's estate settles out, I'll start a checking account at a bank here with the check and be on my way. This should take place by the end of next week. As I said, Pueblo's cool but I'm itchin' to get accross those Rockies I see every day.

After all that, I'm still livin' it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home