Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Huck Finn's My Bitch

My good ol' Arkansas River is still busy not letting me down. I'm still having a blast camping all along the banks, never in the same spot more than two nights in a row. It's weird. It's like that whole section of the trail system is completely abandoned by the city of Pueblo. The gazebos, benches, and picnic tables are all overgrown and in disrepair. It's strange to go tromping through the high grass to find a perfectly good barbeque pit just sitting there being reclaimed by nature. The police don't even bother so I pretty much have a stretch of pristine, wooded river bank all to myself. Simply rocking.

The settlement check should be arriving any day now so I'll be rollin' on out soon.

I wrote a little ditty about this part of the experience and I'm posting it on the "Fog On the Arkansas" blog. Check it out, bitches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home