Thursday, August 12, 2004

Blast of Boreas

Feels like early October. Excellent. Finally got a coupla riffs I've been working on to sound good through my shakuhachi. A very forlorn sound. A good October sound.
I've been getting into crafts. I made a wallet outa duct tape. I'd like to make some Roman calligae, or sandals, out of some duct or gaff tape. Then a sword, a shield, armor, helmet, all that shit outa tape and cardboard. I'd march my imaginary legion, also made of tape, down Riverside Drive. If anyone, including cops, tried to stop me I'd respond, "whosoever opposes the legion of Darius opposes Caesar and Rome itself; the punishment for which is death!" I'd then thrust at them with my gladius to deliver the sentence as efficiently as a Roman officer can.
Now, if a cop were to stop me and shoot me it'd almost be worth it to know in my last moments that it would be all over the news about how the incompetent police can't even handle a looney armed with a sword made out of fucking tape without killing him.
If I didn't die, I'd get a nice vacation, meals, clean bedding, and get to talk to people trying to help me.
Reminds me of a Japanese philosophy that says something about sticking your neck out; either your head gets chopped off or you get a promotion.
"Words of wisdom, Lloyd, words. Of. Wisdom."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home