Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Many Hats

  I've done a lot. Been a lot of things. Welder, sailor, firefighter, artist, printshop worker, dishwasher, insulation worker, plumber, stagehand/rigger, collection agent, marketing scams, and between it all, manual laborer. As of now I work in fleet maintenance for a lawn care company. I'm also building hot rods. T-buckets. Very cool.
   I think the only occupation I truly admire is that of hobo. I don't mean a wino or a bum. I said a hobo. A hobo wanders far and wide taking an odd job here and playing harmonica there for enough money to eat, have a few drinks, and keep on keepin' on. Freedom. No taxes, no bills, no insurance premiums, no boss, and no schedule. I don't think I have the balls to be a hobo. To be that free. I'll bet you don't, either.
  I'm thinking about changing my job yet again. Until I can start completing these hot rods something else has gotta pay the stinkin' bills. Fixing lawn care trucks and loading them with fertilizer just ain't cuttin' it.
  Just about time for a new hat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home