Saturday, July 31, 2004

Abandon

I thought I'd change it around a little and do my bike ride today instead of tomorrow.
It's fucking hot. My dumb ass is wearing jeans. As I roll through downtown I notice a little more activity for a Saturday as oposed to a Sunday. Office people having to work Saturdays standing around on their smoke breaks, pissed. crank/meth ( whatever the difference is) heads ambling around, skank ho's loitering at the bus stops. Everything is STILL closed. Even Arby's for fook's sake.
I wasn't going on anything predetermined. Just riding up one street and down the other, looking down every alley expecting to see some travesty of humanity. Nope. Not so lucky. POP! PPSSSssssss........There went the back tire. Bin Laden finaly caught. I had to walk the bike all the way back to my apartment. That was the fact as it stood at the moment, anyway. I made it to the Quick Trip on 15th and Denver. My jeans seeming to become more solid as they soaked up sweat with every step. I propped the bike against the wall, went in, got a generic Gatorade, and left out the back door. That QT has a front and back door. I just kept on walking to my apartment.
I abandonned Ol' Blue. She really isn't worth the trouble to repair. It was her time. She served me well, but like most bitches, when the thrill is gone, abandon her at the convenience store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home