Sunday, December 05, 2004

The Old Soak

This weekend went by like rocket-powered wind. Where did it all go? Shouldn't it still be Friday? Man, I didn't do ANYTHING I had planned. I was cashless, as usual but managed to go with some friends and their kids to Woolaroc as some kinda junior scouty thing. Not familiar with Woolaroc? Well to sum it up, it was the ranch owned by Frank Phillips, the oil tycoon, during the 20's through to his death. It's now a huge museum as well as the original lodge and wildlife preserve. Woolaroc is a contraction for "woods, lakes, rocks". The place is absolutely pimptastic. Oh, to be a multibillionaire in the 20's. It must've been Hell on Earth.
We made it back to Turpen house for a chili and beer ho-down in our standard fashion. Damn, how do I manage to live like this? Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.

Like pizza.

Here are some pics from the trip my friend posted on his site. You will see animals, piles of dung, urchins, artifacts, shrunken heads, Douchemas lights, and a close-up of one of my favorite paintings entitled "The Old Soak". I believe it's the 57th pic down.
http://www.larsdesigns.com/woolaroc/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home