Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Swashbucklers Amok

Absolute HELL of a weekend. My fencing school hosted a seminar with three really bad-ass instructors. We are a tiny-ass school without mucho funds so I housed one of the instructors for the duration while Jon, the birth father of the school, housed another. The third moteled it. Friday night we partied. Early the next morning we headed out to the school where were waiting the other participants of the seminar. Saturday then became an all day hyper-intense rapier workout. My legs and shoulders were fire and pain. All the others were feeling the burn as well. By 4pm everyone's brains were mush. Awesome. After getting cleaned up we all met up at Killkenny's, an Irish pub/restaurant for dinner where my fool-ass was jumped in by Jon and the instructors into the deranged and bizarre art of Spunfechten. More on that later. More drinking more partying. Other bars, almost a fight with some goomba and a good finish to the night.
The next morning began the side-sword installment of the seminar. We spent over two hours warming up with crazy-ass exercises, many of which involved throwing a medicine ball at eachother. Nothin' but fun, babycakes! The rest of the day was spent learning to slice humans like ham. That night, you guessed it, party time.
We saw the instructors off Monday morning and felt good about the time spent over the last days and nights. Right now my inner thighs still burn with the sweet pain of improvement and I'm flat-as-a-fritter broke.
I swear, no one lives as well as me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home